Casino reload bonuses and promotions: what are they, how to use them and terms and conditions to watch out for!
Casino reload bonuses are very similar to the majority of casino welcome bonuses which come in the form of matched bonuses. That is to say the bonus amount will depend on the amount of your deposit.
But while welcome bonuses are given to new customers to online or mobile casinos, reload bonuses – as the name hints are – are not based on your first deposit with a casino, but some subsequent deposit (or deposits).
While welcome bonuses tend to be one-off affairs (though some are split between a number of deposits), reloads bonuses are the promotion that can keep on giving if you find a generous online casino!
One thing to note about casino reload bonuses is that they tend to be less generous – in both percentage and value terms – than welcome bonuses. They tend to be used as a way for casinos to encourage a player to return them if they’ve not played for a while or perhaps as a way of introducing players to new games or interfaces.
Here we’ll give you some of the information you need to know about reload bonuses at online and mobile casinos including the different types you might encounters, some terms to watch out for and some basic strategies on how to use them.
Types of Casino Reload Bonus
- Regular Reloads – Some online casinos (for example BetVictor Casino) offer regular reload bonuses to their customers, for instance a 50% bonus on the first deposit of each month. These are particularly welcome because you know where you stand with then in advance and you can plan your playing based on the knowledge that you’ll be getting a reload bonus (well, assuming they don’t change their mind of course!)
- Game-specific Reloads – Occasionally casinos will want to promote a new game, or one they already have but which they want to raise awareness of. In this case they will offer reload bonuses of whatever percentage if the player uses the bonus on that specific game.
- Mobile Reloads – Casinos are increasingly keen to get their players using their mobiles to play their slots or table games, so we have started seeing plenty of mobile-specific reloads (and other mobile casino bonuses).
- Ad Hoc Reloads – Of course, as with more casino bonuses and promotions, the casinos will sometimes just throw an offer out there such as, ‘get a 100% reload bonus on all deposits on New Year’s Eve’ or some such thing. The terms and specifics of such offers will clearly differ from casino to casino, offer to offer, but if there are any decent ones you can rest assured we’ll have the details right here at CasinoOffers.co.
Reload Bonuses: Key Terms and Conditions
As with all casino offers, bonuses and promotions it always pays to read – and understand – the terms and conditions of any offer you are thinking about claiming. We would always urge you to check out the specific terms of any reload bonus you might grab, but here are some of the general terms to look out for.
- Wagering requirements – Wagering restrictions are now a part of life for online casino players. In case you weren’t aware, wagering requirements are applied to most casino offers and they mean that you have to wager a certain amount of cash through before you are permitted to withdraw any of your profits. The amount you have to wager through will generally depend on the size of the deposit and/or bonus in question and typically will be a multiple of 20x, 30x or 40x the combined value of the deposit and bonus (though there are plenty of examples of more/less generous wagering terms).
- Time limits – Time limits apply to all types of betting offers and simply refer to the time within which you must fulfill the terms of the offers – e.g. you have 30 days from triggering the offer to complete the wagering requirements.
- Excluded games – Some games or game types (e.g. slots) may be excluded from the offer completely or from counting towards the wagering requirements.
- Country restrictions – Some offers and bonuses are available only to residents of certain countries.
Reload Bonuses: Strategy and Tactics
When it comes to strategies for maximising your chances of turning a profit from reload bonuses, there are a few things to consider.
Firstly, you might want to consider playing the game(s) that offer the lowest house edge, thus giving you the best mathematical chance of winning. Of course, casinos often exclude games with a low house edge (such as blackjack) from counting towards the wagering requirements, and not all casinos will make it apparent what the house edge of a game is. In this case, be sure to contact customer services to ask them what the house edge is, or – if they can’t say – the return to player ratio.
Secondly, as with all casino play, only ever take up an offer or bonus with money that you can afford – and are prepared – to lose. While there are plenty of good value casino offers and reload bonuses out there, there is – of course – always the risk that you will lose whatever cash you deposit.
On the other side of the coin, you might just win a fortune, but obviously more people lose than win, hence casinos staying in business.